Gate motor repairs Pretoria services near you. Fixing all gate motors, programming remotes and PC boards repairs. Onsite same day repairs for Gemini, Centurion, ET gate motors. Gate wheels replacement and rack adjustments. Resetting gate limits and most common gate faults.
Mostly gate motors stop working when least expected. Champion gate motors is here to give you fast, reliable same day gate motor repairs in Pretoria services. Motor gate repair services are quick with us, as we carry the parts that usually break. In most cases we do onsite repairs although at times the motor for gate is taken in for major fixing. Gate motors break due to a lot of factors, But when it does do not worry it can be repaired. The common parts that fail on a motor gate is the control card, charger or battery. In very rare cases does the gearbox break although it does in some instances. Among the types of motors we fix is Centurion, Gemini, ET and also DTS. Our gate motor repair Pretoria team is on standby to help.
We come out to do gate motor repair in all around Pretoria. Generally we cover almost all the major brands of motor gates in our local market. Our gate motor fixing is fast and also reliable as we carry spares that gates damaged the most. Problems on electric gates could be electronic, mechanical as well as physical damage. At times it could also be wear and tear due to age. Repairing gate motors always need a thorough diagnosis to determine the problem. Remote gate motors usually show signs of faults before finally giving up, But unfortunately gate users ignore these signals.
What signs show gate motor needs repairs?
Most gate motors show signs or symptoms that they need fixing before finally giving up. Here is some of the things that gate users need to be on the look out for.
- unusual noises from the gate itself
- overload sound from the motor
- gate motor moving at a slower speed that normal
- Warning sounds from the gate motor
- gate opening by itself randomly
- gate closes and re open immediately
How much does it cost to fix a gate motor?
There is no definite cost to the repair of gate motors as this varies by brand, motor size as well as parts to be replaced. However general motor gate repairs range starting from R350.00 to about R2500.00 in some cases. It is always very important to compare the cost of repairing the gate motor with buying a new one, especially when the motor is old. Also one need to get reputable gate repairs services in Pretoria company to reduce the risk of repeated fixing on the gate as this might be costly. Good technicians do a more permanent fix to the gate motor at a reasonable and necessary cost. At champion gate motors we believe in workmanship guaranteed gate services.
Common gate motor problems and troubleshooting
Below is the common gate motor problems and how to fix it by yourself. Please note that some of the gate motor fixing will need trained people and also safety precautions must always be observed.
- Gate motor not responding to remote controls
Check for flat battery on both the remote and the gate motor then fix it.
- The gate motor moves slowly and stops halfway
Check the battery and get it tested or clean up the rails as well as bad wheels.
- Sliding gate opens and refuses to close
If the gate is installed with beams or sensors then it could be the primary reason otherwise it is a faulty control card.
- Centurion gate motor beeping
Look out for power failure or collision detected. Put your gate on manual and contact a technician for help.
- Electric gate refuses to open
Fault number one above can be associated with this problem. Put your gate on manual and contact a technician.
- Gate hits hard on the end stop and open by itself
Reset to factory default and set the limits again. Also check for the origin magnet if it is a centurion gate motor.
- Centurion D5 motor opens by itself sporadically
This problem has something to do with some source of trigger signal to the gate. It could be damaged intercom cable, faulty receiver or neighbor’s remote control.
Centurion D5 motor trouble shooting
The centurion D5 gate motor is a very common type of machine widely used in South Africa. This motor has proved to be reliable to end users over the years. However it is one of the most difficult motors to do quick gate motor fixing. Firstly you need to identify the problem to be able to trace the cause and right solution. Secondly refer to our quick fixing guide to see possible solutions. Similarly the Centurion D5 old gate motor and new D5 Evo have similar fault signals. The greatest advantage of the Centurion D5 Evo is that it has a screen and makes beeps to indicate fault. Below is some common faults and possible gate motor fixes
- Gate motor makes beeping sound is usually for the D5 Evo. This is a fault status indicator about power failure but can a few more problems. Make sure your power is on or check the charger
- Gate stalled massage on the screen means the gate has hit maximum collisions. This can be fixed by clearing the gate area and resetting the motor.
- Beams active tells you that the gate sensors are not seeing each other. check for obstructions and also faulty beams.
- No org found is to say the motor can nor see the origin magnet on the rack. push the magnet closer to the switch.
Areas we operate
- Motor gate repair Pretoria
- Pretoria east gate repairs
- Pretoria north electric gates
- Montana gate motor installations
- Lynnwood gate repairs
- Faerie Glen gate services
- Moreletapark gate repair services
- Waterkloof gate motors
- Pierre van ryneveld gates
- Silver lakes motor gates
- Garsfontein gate repairs